Canadian public sector planners and policy makers have relied on Doyletech to provide realistic go-forward options. Assignments have been completed for many federal and provincial government departments including Industry Canada, Environment Canada, Natural Resources Canada, Health Canada, Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation, National Research Council Canada, Communications Research Centre Canada, the Canadian Space Agency, Alberta Research Council, Alberta Science and Research Authority, Saskatchewan Research Council, Western Economic Diversification, Canada Food Inspection Agency, Human Resources and Social Development Canada, Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, Canada Economic Development, Science Council of British Columbia, The Office of the Auditor General of Canada, Public Works and Government Services Canada, CANARIE Inc., Precarn Incorporated, the Ontario Ministry of Economic Development and Trade, the Ontario Ministry of Northern Development, Forestry, and Mining, and the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food, and Rural Affairs.
Our public policy analysis assignments can include one or more of the following specific activities: (1) Cost-Benefit Analysis, (2) Fiscal Impact Analysis, (3) Social Impact Analysis, (4) System Analysis, (5) Asset Mapping, (6) Program Feasibility, (7) Mandate Development and Evolution, and (8) Business Case / Option Development.
Sample of Past Projects
- Improving the Growth of Seed and Early Stage Financing to Technology Companies in Saskatchewan
- Managing Intellectual Property in Federal Entities: Three Case Studies
- Improving the Liquidity Options for Mid-Life High Technology Companies in Canada
- Building World Class Canadian High Technology Companies – A Discussion Paper
- Economic Diversification: Some Unexploited Opportunities
- A Framework for Assessment: The Role of the CETACs
- Access Canada Initiative: National Information Infrastructure Development for Canada
- Hollowing Out: A High Technology Perspective
- An Analysis of High Technology Trade Statistics
- Strategic Planning Frameworks for the Alberta Research Council (ARC)
- Technology or Poverty: The Issues Facing Canada’s Political and Public Service Leaders
- Building a Stronger Environmental Technology Exploitation Capability in Canada
- Recommendations Concerning the Exploitation of Ion Implantation Technology
- Commercial Applications for Space Technology Developed by Spar Aerospace
- The Communications Research Centre: Recommendations for the Future
- A Business Case for the Establishment of the Canadian Microelectronics Corporation (CMC)
- A Menu of Options for the Next NRC Long Range Plan
- A Business Case for the Establishment of a Technology Transfer Office for Triumf
- Measuring the Performance of Labour Sponsored Venture Capital Funds: A Discussion Paper
- Attracting Very Early Stage Investment Capital to Technology-Based Firms: A Discussion Paper
Doyletech can assist in the planning process in several ways:
Business Performance Evaluation – such evaluations are based on the specific needs of your business, but typically they consider:
- Have earnings been steady through the years?
- What is your market share?
- Are you reliant on a single or small group of customers?
- What differentiates you from your competitors?
- What is your market share and the potential to increase it?
- What are the barriers to entry for other competitors?
- Can the company offer new products?
Business Plan Preparation – we can assume complete responsibility for the preparation of all types of business plans or will assist enterprises that choose to prepare their own. Our major added value is the exhaustive market research we conduct to support the financial projections in these business plans.
Business Plan Review – we offer a review service that provides an independent and objective assessment and, if necessary, recommends changes. This review consists of a detailed evaluation of your plan, including its key business assumptions and its overall presentation. A section-by-section review is conducted to identify strong points, weak points, and missing points, and provides recommendations on how to improve the plan as well as the business itself.
Business Plan Presentations – we can work with you to extract key points from your completed business plan, translate technical issues into clear terms, help fill in gaps such as market research and financial summaries, and prepare a presentation that is professional in every aspect. We anticipate the questions most likely to be asked by a potential investor, buyer, or approval authority and prepare you with the answers. We can assist you in the presentation of your business plan to investors, whether they be angel investors, venture capitalists, or bankers.
Business Opportunity Documents (BODs) – this document is an abbreviated version of a business plan. Its concept has been pioneered by Doyletech. It serves to establish a ‘common dialogue’ between a scientist or entrepreneur and a potential technology exploiter.
Product Migration Strategies – we have worked with the management of many established and embryonic companies to assist them in the development of product migration strategies.
Business Transition Analysis – we work with owners to identify opportunities for business transition, whether they are selling the business, or transferring it to a family member. Even if they have addressed the accounting and legal issues of a business succession, inevitably it is the harder to measure “soft” management issues that have the biggest impact on the success or failure of a business transition.
In short, Doyletech has assisted literally thousands of Canadian businesses and entrepreneurs over the years.